TERABOARD gathers the following beneficiaries:
- Consorzio Nazionale Interuniversitario per le Telecomunicazioni (CNIT), Italy – Coordinator
- INPHOTEC fabrication center at Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna, Italy – Linked third party
- Ericsson Telecomunicazioni, Italy
- STMicroelectronics, Italy
- IMEC, Belgium
- Alcatel-Lucent Italia, Italy
- iMinds, Belgium
- Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche (CNR), Italy
- Universitat Politecnica De Valencia (UPV), Spain
- European Photonics Industry Consortium (EPIC), France
The three large industrial partners (Ericsson, Alcatel-Lucent and STMicroelectronics) are giants in the telecom field and together with IMEC pioneered and are very active in silicon photonics integrated circuits. They not only possess vast experience in breeding innovation and creating market opportunities, but also adopt a strong innovation-driven policy.
IMEC silicon photonics technology
CNIT is a large organization spanning over the entire spectrum of telecommunications, that recently hired an experienced team in silicon photonics design, fabrication and packaging and that has a long-standing collaboration with the partner Ericsson for R&D in optical communications. CNIT also partners with STMicroelectronics for packaging technologies and pilot lines. Alcatel-Lucent is an industrial leader in optical communications and in TERABOARD offers its knowledge to develop technical solutions for optical interconnections in photonic integrated circuits. These factors, together with the high level competences of iMinds, CNR, UPV and EPIC, will ensure the ability to innovate beyond the research stage.